Virginia - VA
Last Updated: Monday, June 06, 2016 11:42 AM
Created On: Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:21 PM
RN, LPN Requirement:
* Current specialty certification by a national certifying organization, as defined in 18VAC90-20-10.
* Completion of a minimum of three credit hours of post-licensure academic education relevant to nursing practice, offered by a regionally-accredited college or university.
* A board-approved refresher course in nursing.
* Completion of nursing-related, evidence-based practice project or research study.
* Completion of publication as the author or co-author during a renewal cycle.
* Teaching a nursing-related course resulting in no less than three semester hours of college credit or specialty certification.
* Teaching nursing-related continuing education courses for up to 30 contact hours.
* 15 contact hours of workshops, seminars, conferences or courses relevant to the practice of nursing and 640 hours of active practice as a nurse.
* 30 contact hours of workshops, seminars, conferences or courses relevant to the practice of nursing.
These regulations will affect licensure renewals beginning August 1, 2015.
Effective August 1, 2013, RNs and LPNs shall complete at least one of the following activities for licensure renewal:
Virginia State Board of Nursing Phone:
Virginia State Board of Nursing
Department of Health Professions
Vermont State Board of Nursing
9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300
Henrico, Virginia 23233-1463
Requirements Disclaimer: Although we try to keep our links and other information as up-to-date as possible, ultimately, it is the responsibility of each individual user to understand and keep up-to-date with the requirements of the license possessed.