Can't Log In to Account
Last Updated: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:18 PM
Created On: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:49 PM
First - Verify you are using the correct Login ID & Password.
Please Note: If you are using Chrome or Safari as your browser, be sure to clear out the cache history file, close all open windows/tabs, and then launch a fresh browser window before trying to login again. These two browsers are noted for not automatically clearing the cache file properly, which can cause login issues, page loading errors, etc. on various sites, especially those with secure encryption. Alternatively, consider troubleshooting by using a different browser, like Firefox, for example.
To enable cookies for your browser, please follow the instructions applicable for the browser you are using:
Internet Explorer 7.x 1
- Click Tools on the top line of your browser File, Edit, View Favorites, Tools and Help . Click the Internet Options icon.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Under Settings, click Advanced button.
- Check the box Override automatic cookie handling under Cookies section in Advanced Privacy Settings window.
- Under First-party Cookies, select Accept.
- Under Third-party Cookies, select Accept.
- Check the box Always allow session cookies.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to exit.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history. Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
- If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also check marked. For more information, see Disabling third party cookies.
- Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored:
- Keep until: they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
- Keep until: I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Keep until: ask me every time: Displays an alert every time a website tries to send a cookie, and asks you whether or not you want to store it.
- Click to close the Options windowClick to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window.
Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook).
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content settings in the "Privacy" section.
- Click the Cookies tab in the Content Settings dialog that appears:
- Make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected to allow both first-party and third-party cookies.
Click on the Safari
-menu in Safari
- Click on the Preferences... item in the menu - a new window opens
- Click on the Security icon near the top of the window.
- Under Accept Cookies the Always or Only from sites you navigate to must be selected.
- Save changes by clicking Ok and go to one of the configuration pages again
Once you complete this, close your browser and reopen it. Go to CEUfast.com and login again.