Below are details about continuing education and license renewal in Oklahoma. You can skip to your profession by selecting it from the drop down list above.
Completing one or more of the following requirements within the past two years prior to the expiration date of the license:
1. Employment in a position that requires a registered nurse/practical nurse license with verification of at least 520 work hours; or
2. Completion of at least twenty-four (24) contact hours of continuing education applicable to nursing practice; or
3. Current certification in a nursing specialty area; or
4. Completion of a Board-approved refresher course; or
5. Completion of at least six (6) academic semester credit hours of nursing coursework at the licensee’s current level of licensure or higher. [OAC §485:10-7-3 and 485:10-9-3]