For the renewal application, nurses will be expected to:
- Update your employment history and contact information
- Provide information about any criminal charges or convictions over the past year
- Consent to a criminal record check (if applicable)
- Report your practice hours from the preceding year (view the RN requirement)
- Meet your quality assurance requirements
- Acknowledge you have read and understood all of the consent and declaration requirements
- Pay your renewal fee
RNs need to work a minimum of 1,125 hours over the preceding five-year period to renew their practicing registration. There is no minimum on a per-year basis.
Alternatives to 1,125 recognized hours are:
- Successful completion of a registered nursing education program.
- Successful completion of a nursing re-entry program recognized by BCCNM
- Successful completion of a supervised practice experience? approved by BCCNM
- Successful completion of an RN degree program? — or be currently enrolled in a full-time program — leading to a degree in nursing recognized by BCCNM.
- Completion of a recognized competency-based assessment and required coursework.