RN, LPN Requirement:
Effective January 1st, 2014 RNs and LPNs renewing their licenses will be required to demonstrate evidence of qualifications for practice through completion of one or more of the following five requirements within the past two years prior to the expiration date of the license:
1) Verify employment in a position that requires a registered nurse [practical nurse] with verification of at least 520 work hours; or
2) Verify the completion of at least twenty-four (24) contact hours of continuing education applicable to nursing practice; or
3) Verify current certification in a nursing specialty area; or
4) Verify completion of a Board-approved refresher course; or
5) Verify completion of at least six (6) academic semester credit hours of nursing coursework at the licensee’s current level of licensure or higher.
Oklahoma Board of Nursing Phone:
Continuing Qualifications Details
Oklahoma Board of Nursing
2915 North Classen Boulevard, Suite 524
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Requirements Disclaimer: Although we try to keep our links and other information as up-to-date as possible, ultimately, it is the responsibility of each individual user to understand and keep up-to-date with the requirements of the license possessed.