CEUfast, a leading provider of continuing education for nursing professionals, launches its Sexual Assault and Examinations (Kentucky) course. CEUfast's SANE and Domestic Violence courses are specially designed to fulfill the mandatory 5 contact hours of approved sexual assault education (CE) required by the Kentucky Board of Nursing for SANE-credentialed nurses.
SANE professionals are highly trained and specialized registered nurses dedicated to providing compassionate and comprehensive care to patients who have experienced sexual assault or abuse. These professionals play a critical role in supporting survivors and ensuring justice is served and must earn 5 contact hours of approved sexual assault CE during each license period.
In response to the evolving healthcare landscape and the critical need for SANE professionals, CEUfast has developed a comprehensive course that equips nurses with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in this specialized field. The course covers forensic examination techniques for both adults and adolescents, ensuring that nurses are well-prepared to meet the unique needs of their patients.
Information from the Kentucky Board of Nursing (BON)
According to the Kentucky BON, the SANE in Kentucky is a registered nurse who:
- Holds a current RN license in Kentucky or another compact state
- Holds a SANE A/A or SANE P/A credential issued by KBN:
- SANE A/A Is trained in the forensic examination of adults and adolescents, defined as "a child who has reached the onset of physiological normal puberty" or older who have been the victim of sexual assault
- SANE P/A Is trained in the forensic examination of pediatrics and adolescents, defined as "a child who has not reached the onset of physiological normal puberty" or individuals up to age 18 who have been the victim of sexual assault
- Collects and preserves evidence and testifies in legal proceedings in accordance with Kentucky law
SANE Annual CE Requirement for License Renewal
In addition to the standard annual education requirements for nurses, it is mandatory for nurses holding credentials as SANEs to obtain five (5) contact hours of approved sexual assault Continuing Education (CE) within each licensure period, which spans from November 1st to October 31st. This requirement is in accordance with 201 KAR 20:411, Section 8. CEUs related to forensic medicine or domestic violence will satisfy this obligation. Importantly, these earned hours may be counted as part of the mandatory fourteen contact hours of continuing education necessary to renew the RN license.
As a trusted provider of continuing education for nursing professionals, CEUfast ensures that our courses are comprehensive and convenient. Our SANE course is accessible online, allowing nurses to complete it at their own pace, making it easier to maintain compliance with Kentucky's renewal requirements.
CEUfast is committed to simplifying the continuing education process for healthcare professionals. With the launch of our SANE course, we aim to empower nurses in Kentucky and beyond with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this vital healthcare field.
For more information about CEUfast and the new SANE course, please visit our website at www.ceufast.com.